Dedicated, Determined, Committed
Personal Injury Lawyers with a Personal Touch
Phillip W. Farthing, M.D., J.D.
As both a medical doctor and an attorney, Dr. Phillip Farthing contributes a unique perspective to Jayson, Farthing, Skafidas & Wright, P.A. While he plays a vital role in the firm’s medical malpractice division, he also consults on the medical issues that arise in personal injury cases. His insights and analysis are invaluable in identifying salient issues, understanding technical medical questions and guiding clients and other attorneys through the myriad of records and other documentation that inevitably accompany medical malpractice and complicated personal injury cases.
Dr. Farthing graduated first in his class from Stetson University College of Law and with Highest Distinction from Indiana University School of Medicine. His exceptional academic credentials are bolstered by a broad range of professional experiences, including his clinical practice as a board certified anesthesiologist and as a general practitioner, three years as a Clinical Assistant Professor in Anesthesia at Indiana University Medical Center, and ten years as a medical malpractice consultant at two prominent Indianapolis law firms.
The importance of having an experienced physician as a full-time member of the firm cannot be stressed enough. Dr. Farthing’s experience and insight contributes to the firm’s efforts to build airtight medical cases for its clients. He has the ability to conduct sophisticated medical discussions with experts and treating physicians, and often, he cuts through the smokescreens used by opposing witnesses to get the critical answers a non-medical professional may miss.
- Stetson University College of Law, J.D., magna cum laude and Valedictorian, 2001
- Indiana University Medical Center, Anesthesiology Residency, 1984-1987
- Indiana University School of Medicine, M.D., with Highest Distinction, 1984
- University of Evansville, B.S., magna cum laude, 1980
Honors and Activity
- Diplomate, American Board of Anesthesiology
- Diplomate, National Board of Medical Examiners
- Member, American Medical Association
- Member, American Society of Anesthesiologists
- Member, International Anesthesia Research Society
- Member, Florida Society of Anesthesiologists
- Member, Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society
- Licensed to practice medicine in Florida, Indiana and Colorado
- Member, Phi Delta Phi Legal Honor Society