Dedicated, Determined, Committed
Tampa Medical Malpractice Lawyers with a Personal Touch
Experienced Representation for Medical Malpractice Lawsuits in the Tampa Bay Area
Serving the Tampa and Plant City RegionsThe injury attorneys at JFS Law are dedicated to helping victims of medical malpractice in Tampa, FL. Medical errors are estimated to kill over 200,000 patients every year, and countless more suffer injuries that have significant long-term implications. Doctors, nurses, and other medical professionals make mistakes just like everybody else. Unfortunately, their mistakes often have life-changing consequences. At Jayson, Farthing & Skafidas P.A., we provide experienced legal representation for victims of medical malpractice in the greater Tampa, FL area. Our medical malpractice attorneys have more than 75 years of combined experience, and we have helped hundreds of families recover financial compensation for injuries and other losses suffered as a result of medical negligence. If you believe you or someone you love may be a victim of medical malpractice, we encourage you to contact us today.
The Cases We Handle:
- Anesthesia Errors
- Birth Injuries
- Brain and Spinal Cord Injuries
- Failure to Diagnose and Treat Cancer
- Medication and Pharmacy Errors
- Surgical Complications
We also have significant experience representing clients in a wide variety of other situations involving medical malpractice. We have helped clients recover compensation in cases involving:
- Blindness and eye injuries
- Deep vein thrombosis (DVT)
- Failure to diagnose and treat heart attack or stroke
- Gynecological malpractice
- Pulmonary embolus
- Radiology errors
- Retained foreign objects (such as surgical tools and sponges)
- Treatment-related infections
- Aortic Dissection
A Unique Combination of Medical Knowledge and Legal ExperienceWhen you contact us, we do not expect you to know for certain that you have a claim. Our representation starts with getting to know you, understanding your situation, and conducting a thorough evaluation to determine whether we believe we can win your case. JFS Law partner Phillip W. Farthing, M.D., J.D. plays a critical role in this process. Prior to becoming a medical malpractice attorney, Dr. Farthing practiced as a board-certified anesthesiologist and general practitioner. He also taught medicine as a Clinical Assistant Professor in Anesthesia at Indiana University Medical Center. His medical background is a unique and valuable asset to JFS Law that allows our team to thoroughly and effectively evaluate clients’ cases, communicate with experts in the field, and challenge the defense’s assertions about the facts of your case.
Signs that You May be a Victim of Medical NegligencePeople often struggle to even consider that their suffering may be due to a medical error. We place a great amount of trust in hospitals, physicians, and nurses, and it can be difficult to know whether your condition is the result of medical negligence, or simply a byproduct of your original illness or injury.
While not foolproof, the following is a list of circumstances that can be indicative of medical negligence:
- Your injury or illness was not diagnosed until after your condition worsened.
- You were not adequately informed about your treatment plan or the risks involved.
- Your doctor failed to order common tests or follow standard procedures.
- Your condition worsened or failed to improve despite medical treatment.
- You have fallen ill or experienced pain or discomfort following a medical procedure.